Search squid archive

Re: Transparent proxy plus outsite proxy

Jose Noto wrote:
Good morning,

I am seting up a Transparent proxy using squid where we already have a proxy server provided by our ISP and I am having some troubles. If I congure in the browser connections my ISP proxy, internet is working fine but I am not using the transparent proxy (the proxy server doesn't log anything) and if I don't configure it I cannot see any website because I am not using the external proxy, but my squid server is working trying to resolve all the requests. How can I integrate my ISP proxy on the squid proxy server? Is there something to do with my iptables rules that should redirect to my ISP proxy server?

No need for iptables.
Use cache_peer to pass requests to the upstream proxy as parent.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/cfgman/cache_peer.html

Amos
--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17 or 3.0STABLE1.