Search squid archive

Re: transparent Proxy

Tarak Ranjan wrote:

Thomas Raef wrote:
You need to apply your acls with some deny statements.

http_reply_access deny blockfiles for your mp3's, etc.

To block websites I use dstdomain instead of url_regex.

So my squid.conf contains:

acl blocksites dstdomain "/etc/squid/squid-block.acl"

http_access deny blocksites

ok. it's seems to me that it's working. i have another issue for this . while manually in my browser if i select proxy then the acl's are working fine . when i select Auto detect that time it's not working, in the sense acl's are hot hitting. although i've disable "allow_direct"

okay, something is getting in the way.
Try it also with 'direct connection' that should test the transparent redirect is working.

Then, please post your whole squid.conf (excluding comments) or if you want to keep it secure you can submit it at
http://squid.treenet.co.nz/cf.check/ and let me know the Ref:

Amos