Search squid archive

Re: Squid on DualxQuad Core 8GB Rams - Optimization - Performance - Large Scale - IP Spoofing

Michel Santos wrote:
<snip>
but fortunatly true that caching performance is in first place a matter of
fast hardware

that you can see and not only read common bla-bla I add a well-known mrtg
graph of the hit rate of a dual-opteron sitting in front of a 4MB/s ISP
POP

and I get pretty much more hits as you told at the beginning on larger
POPs - so I do not know where you get your squid's 1000 req limit from ...
must be from your P-III goody ;)

<snip>

That RRD you attached.. is that 1600 requests per MINUTE, or was something lost in translation? If it is indeed 1600, that seems awfully low, at ~26.667 requests per second. (I'm comparing these numbers to what I achieve with my squid installs -- ~3600 requests/min or 60/sec on average; but load tested up to 18000 requests/min or 300/sec stably).

--
Tony Dodd, Systems Administrator

Last.fm | http://www.last.fm
Karen House 1-11 Baches Street