Search squid archive

Re: username and password in TRANSPARENT mode

On fre, 2007-08-10 at 16:54 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> And I'm saying it shouldn't, thats not how stuff was intended, and
> the fact that stuff "kind of sometimes mostly maybe" works is busted.

It doesn't. Squid never accepts to do authentication in interception
mode. Any attempt to do so will result in the following getting logged
in access.log:

aclAuthenticated: authentication not applicable on transparently
intercepted requests.

and the http_access line ignored.

> People keep -wanting- to try it though.

Indeed.