Search squid archive

Re: Re: squid & ftp

RW wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:22:22 +0200
Angela Williams <angie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!
On Tuesday 24 July 2007 11:58, Nadeem Semaan wrote:
While trying to open ftp sites with IE, i usally get an error, when
opening the same site with firefox, i get prompted for credentials.
Is there anything that has to be done on Squid to have IE promt for
passwords as well (probably TAG: ftp_user), or is this browser
specific. I mean is it the way that squid handels the requests?
Good reason to trash Internot Exploder!
In the Internet Options window choose the Advanced tab and make
certain Use Passive FTP is checked!

Except that it's going through squid over an http connection so the
client need not make a distinction between passive and active ftp.

This *is* IE they're talking about. Logic and RFCs be-gone!

pPS. Sorry if you don't like the bad jokes. I'm sick this week.

Amos