Search squid archive

Re: where to find squid.conf in the squid.xxx.tar.gz file ?

Goldorak wrote:
Hello,
I am using devil-linux boot cd, which has squid 2.6
stable 9 install in it, but the distri doesnt provide
the /etc/squid files :
(dir : errors  dir : icons  file : mib.txt  file :
mime.conf  file : squid.conf)
I am currently using squid 2.5.STABLE 4 (in
sentry-firewall boot cd), and I took the config's file
from it, but of course i dont have access to all the
new options of the new version.
So i downloaded the squid-2.6.STABLE9.tar.gz and I
tried to install it to grab the file I need in it.
But I cannot manage to install it in devil-linux
because some folders names doesnt match and some are
read only.
Anyway, how could I please, extra what i need from
squid-2.6.STABLE9.tar.gz, or where could i find that
files ?

Hi Sylvain,

Go to your home directory and try the following steps below:

(1.) wget http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/squid-2.6.STABLE14.tar.gz

(2.) tar zxvf squid-2.6.STABLE14.tar.gz

(3.) cd squid-2.6.STABLE14/

(4.) ./configure --prefix=/home/YourUsername/squid

(5.) make all

(6.) make install

If everything goes right, all of squid config and binary files will be installed under your home directory given with the prefix option above.

Good luck and hope it works!

Thanking you...

Thank you very much for your help, Kind Regards, Sylvain.

_____________________________________________________________________________ Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers Yahoo! Mail

--

With best regards and good wishes,

Yours sincerely,