Search squid archive

squid and x-forwarded for with dg

Hello,
I've had squid going as a transparent proxy without issue. Now i've added dansguardian to the picture and after some debugging internet access is being denied. I am getting squid access denied messages, squid is saying access control configuration prevents the page from being displayed. In the logs the request is coming from the localhost address. I read in the faq that this would occur and the fix was to add the x-forwarded-for option I did this specifically:

x-forwarded-for allow localhost

and in squid's access.log i'm still seeing error 403 denied requests.
Thanks.
Dave.