Search squid archive

Re: Creating a web admin site, suggestions?

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Jeff Pang wrote:

2007/7/9, Elijah Alcantara <elijah.alcantara@xxxxxxxxx>:

I was thinking of saving these rules to the database then if the user
clicks on the apply button at the frontend the squid proxy will fetch
all these rules from a text/config file that the system created from
the database.

you could read the config file itself into a BIG text box where you can modify whatever, and then when pressed "save" button will write the data of the text box back to the config file. just a suggestion. DONOT forget to make backup of config file before the webpage writes back the data.

The only thing I can think is that you may run webserver with root
since you need to modify squid.conf and execute 'squid -k reconfigure'

You should not run apache as root effective user. just set permission on squid.conf to be writeable by effective user of webserver and setuid on squid binary and use a wrapper to run squid reconfigure. that should do.

command.btw,parsing and redefining squid.conf by php is not easy,is
it?Maybe perl is better choice.

good luck.