Search squid archive

Re: transparent tproxy: routing issue or my own problem ?

From: "Ming-Ching Tiew" <mingching.tiew@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> It seems then to me that the http reply ( source port 80 ) has also be
> directed ***INTO*** the Bridge/Squid S. Why is that so ? Why didn't the
> Bridge/Squid forward the reply packet to the other side of the
> interface ?
>
> I am looking for something more transparent. Any insight is much
> appreciated.

Sorry for taking up your bandwidth it looks like I am looking for something
impossible at this moment.

The http reply has to go back **INTO** the Bridge/Squid box, so that it can
make
a cache copy, as such the http reply to the http request will have to ROUTE
out
from the bridge/squid box ( verses  BRIDGE ).

Unless some enhancement is made to do some kind of "connection tracking",
and thus reply the packet back to the mac address of the original requests.

Regards.