Search squid archive

Re: Tweaks

Matt wrote:
Anything I should tweak on Squid?  This is running as a transparent
cache strictly for http and I have complaints that at times webpages
will not come up.  See anything to cause that?  Its on CentOS 4.4 with
filedescriptors increased to 8192 per application.

http_port 7080 vport=80 vhost

Perhaps setting this to...

http_port 7080 transparent

...would be a better choice. vhost and vport are for accelerator setups, and there might be some subtle differences in the handling thereof.

cache_dir aufs /usr/local/squid/var/cache 48000 16 256

Matt

Chris