Search squid archive

Re: centos 4.4, wccpv2, cisco 3550 switch

On 2/8/07, Jon Christensen <jonc21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/8/07, Adrian Chadd <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007, Jon Christensen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am having trouble getting my cache registered.  Here are the configs:
> >
> > centos:
> > [root@vm21 squid]# lsmod  | grep gre
> > ip_gre                 17121  0
>
> You don't need that. the 3550 does L2 redirect, not GRE.
>
> > squid:
> > wccp2_router 192.168.0.254
> > wccp_version 4
> > wccp2_forwarding_method 1
> > wccp2_return_method 1
> > wccp2_service standard 0
>
> '1' means GRE, which isn't what you want. You want '2'.
> try "debug ip wccp packets" and "debug ip wccp events" on the 3550 - it'll
> complain that the redirection method isn't valid and reject the association.
>

> Adrian
>

> > 3550:
> > ip wccp web-cache
> > interface vlan3
> >  ip wccp web-cache redirect in
> >

> > SRA#sh ip wccp
> > Global WCCP information:
> >    Router information:
> >        Router Identifier:                   -not yet determined-
> >        Protocol Version:                    2.0
> >
> >    Service Identifier: web-cache
> >        Number of Cache Engines:             0
> >        Number of routers:                   0
> >        Total Packets Redirected:            0
> >        Redirect access-list:                -none-
> >        Total Packets Denied Redirect:       0
> >        Total Packets Unassigned:            0
> >        Group access-list:                   -none-
> >        Total Messages Denied to Group:      0
> >        Total Authentication failures:       0
> >        Total Bypassed Packets Received:     0
> >

> > 1) Does the "ip wccp web-cache redirect in" go on the vlan interface
> > of the client or the vlan interface that leads to squid?
> >
> > 2) What am I missing?
> >
> > Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.  I modified the wccp2_forwarding_method to 2.
I don't see any debug messages on the 3550.  Here is a bit more info
from squid:

2007/02/08 17:04:58| Accepting proxy HTTP connections at 0.0.0.0, port
3128, FD 12.
2007/02/08 17:04:58| Accepting ICP messages at 0.0.0.0, port 3130, FD 13.
2007/02/08 17:04:58| WCCP Disabled.
2007/02/08 17:04:58| Accepting WCCPv2 messages on port 2048, FD 14.

OK, I made a big mistake.  I forgot to create a static on our firewall
so traffic from squid could get to the router.  I have all of IP open
by the way.   I am a bit closer:

SRA#sh ip wccp
Global WCCP information:
   Router information:
       Router Identifier:                   192.168.254.254
       Protocol Version:                    2.0

   Service Identifier: web-cache
       Number of Cache Engines:             0
       Number of routers:                   0
       Total Packets Redirected:            0
       Redirect access-list:                -none-
       Total Packets Denied Redirect:       0
       Total Packets Unassigned:            0
       Group access-list:                   -none-
       Total Messages Denied to Group:      0
       Total Authentication failures:       0
       Total Bypassed Packets Received:     0

Still not redirecting packets correctly though.