Search squid archive

Re: Squid and NTLM passthrough

Hi Henrik,

Thanks a lot for your help with this.

As far as the last point goes (pages being cached and then served to a user who should be blocked from seeing them), I was wondering whether it would be possible to get round this (in a fairly nasty way) using the refresh_pattern configuration option?

If I had a configuration line something like:

refresh_pattern -i .* 0 0% 0 override_expire override_lastmod

would I be right in thinking that Squid would check whether every page had been changed before serving it?

If I am right about this, how does Squid check whether a page has been modified (when Squid is configured to use an upstream proxy)? Does it cache pages even if they've expired and send an If-Modified-Since request, or does it download the page again? Obviously, in the latter case the Squid cache would be entirely redundant with the above directive, so it's a particularly poor solution!

Regards, and thanks for any help,

Steffan