Search squid archive

Re: bandwidth limitization

kashif Mazhar wrote:
Hello,

            I want to limitized (means restrict upto 10MB) my some
of selected users from download in squid.In such a way that few users
cannot download more than 10MB, coz it's mest up when they use to
download heavy movies. kindly guide

i am using squid 2.4
Regards,
The currently supported version of Squid is 2.6STABLE2 (or is it 2.6STABLE3?). I could guide you towards (roughly) performing this task in Squid 2.5 (set the reply_body_max_size, and have a program to monitor the logs to add ACLs when people exceed the limit). I'm not sure how much help you will find for such an old version... In any case, Squid does not have a native "quota" function.

Chris