Search squid archive

Re: Help with redirection

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 12:08 -0400, Adam O'Neill wrote:

(installed on FreeBSD 6.0 from ports) squidGuard.log doesn't show anything, it is literally empty.

Check your cache.log for any errors from squidguard. Most likely there
is a permissions problem denying SquidGuard access to something it
needs. SquidGuard automatically enters passthru mode if there is
problems with it's configuration..

Regards
Henrik

Well, I found errors in my cache.log related to, as you said, permissions problems. Giving squidGuard access to the files in its /db/squidGuard directory and /log/squidGuard.log caused those errors to stop appearing in cache.log, but it is still the case that squidGuard is not redirecting any traffic. Is there something I would have to do in squid.conf other than specifying that squidGuard is the redirection program?