Search squid archive

Re: Content-Lenght: 0 vs Missing Content-Length

	Hiyas,

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
tor 2006-08-17 klockan 14:54 -0300 skrev Domingos Parra Novo:

It is not broken, but surelly misleading. I had a bug with a proprietary apache 1.3 module, which was used to serve dynamic content for a commercial CMS. This module started to send a "Content-Lenght: 0" header, when the content was delivered from NFS.

Thats defenitely a broken server.

In fact, I agree with you. This is obviously broken, and IE (or any browser) is not at fault when generating a blank page, when receiving "Content-Lenght: 0".

Then, if we look at the initial question Jim Christy made (which is better for dynamic content: "Content-Length: 0" or a missing Content-Lenght header?), you recomended him to use the first option. That's what puzzled me. :)

Regards
Henrik

Regards,

Domingos.