Search squid archive

Re: Content-Lenght: 0 vs Missing Content-Length

	Hiyas,

Henrik Nordstrom escreveu:
ons 2006-08-16 klockan 17:51 +0200 skrev Matus UHLAR - fantomas:
On 16.08.06 10:59, Jim Christy wrote:
Just wondering if someone can tell me which is best:

or Content-Length completely missing from the header?
the missing one. "0" is broken.

is certainly not broken. Maybe you are confusing this with
ERR_ZERO_SIZED_REPLY which is when Squid doesnt receive any reply at all
before the connection was closed by the server, not event HTTP headers.

It is not broken, but surelly misleading. I had a bug with a proprietary apache 1.3 module, which was used to serve dynamic content for a commercial CMS. This module started to send a "Content-Lenght: 0" header, when the content was delivered from NFS. This bug caused mod_proxy (from Apache 1.3) and some versions of IE not to be able to retrieve the page successfully (and show a blank page, instead).

Apache's implementation of SSI (mod_include) simply removes this header, when sending dynamic content ("size calculation is costly on dynamic pages", they say).

no problem. If the server supports chunked encoding, nothing bad should
happen.

Squid is HTTP/1.0 so there is no chunked encoding.

Regards
Henrik