Search squid archive

squid and ident

Dear all,

I  just subscribed  and I  am a  newby so,  please
forgive me if my questions are too stupid. :)

I  needed  to  "keep  track"  about  the  internet
navigation  of 11  users  of a  public machine.  I
installed a Knoppix and  then Squid (Webalizer for
the reports).

Squid works  fine, Webalizer  too and  the reports
are generated without any problem.

The problem  is that I  need a report  about *who*
and  *when*  he/she  surfs on  the  internet  (not
really *what*  he/she sees). Due to  the fact that
it is the first time that I install Squid I saw in
the manual that this kind  of things could be done
with an ACL (type "ident").

So I created in squid.conf the following:

acl users ident user1 user2 user3 ... user11
http_access allow users
ident_lookup_access allow users

The browser  (Mozilla-Firefox) is properly  set up
to use proxy, and Squid reports each page seen.

But it does not report about the users' names. Any
idea?

Thanks a lot

nicgios

ps. Ident2 is active in background...