Search squid archive

Problem using Outlook Express 6.0 with Squid

Hi all,
we have installed Squid 2.5 for Windows and all works fine, but we have a problem using outlook express 6.0. When we try to retrieve the e-mail from a pop3 account we got always an error 10060 while if we bypass the proxy all works fine. Is there some configuration's trick that we must use for getting Outlook express to works ???
Thanks in advance
Stefano