Search squid archive

less downtime when AD dies. ntlm authentication

i get a big problem with authentication popups when my AD server dies.

what options do i have to ensure less downtime when my AD backend dies ?
i would like something that for example caches the users credentials or switches
immediately to give access, while testing for AD availability before coming
back online.

wase.