Search squid archive

Re: Debugging intermittent 502 Bad Gateway errors

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
ons 2006-05-24 klockan 10:03 +0200 skrev David Landgren:

From time to time, requesting either of these things will result in a lengthy delay, followed by a "Connection reset by peer" message and a 502 error logged by squid. But it usually works. I learnt from the tech support of the site in question is that such a request is being proxied from a back-end server.

These are usually firewalls getting confused while trying to parse the
traffic and messing up the TCP stream..

Best way to analyze is to capture one of these failed requests with
ethereal.

That's going to depend on whether I can speak to their developers, and whether they arrange to set up a clear http stream to debug this. I assume squid is doing the right thing, I just wanted to be able to prove it in black and white.

David

--
"It's overkill of course, but you can never have too much overkill."