Search squid archive

Re: Squid crash root cause

Mitesh P Choksi wrote:

Dear Chris,

This sounds like a good one.

As part of the logging, I need to log the current number of file descriptors in use and if after a crash I notice the last values hitting the peaks, I can almost accurately say that REDIRECT of iptables is the cause. Any pointers to monitor the file descriptors?

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Linux/Q_21777174.html MRTG or RRDtool would be another option, but that is really only attractive if you are going to use it for other purposes as well (the allegory of killing a fly with an elephant gun comes to mind).

From what your last sentence says, you are not using redirect but ask customers to setup the proxy settings, probably using .pac files.

Well, if I was nicer I would supply a proxy.pac... :o) It's on my TODO list.

Thanks,

Mitesh

Chris