Search squid archive

Re: ssl port 443

DGeorgie@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I am following up on Merton's email. We have Squid working as a reverse proxy in our environment and would like to add SSL for secure authentication of the users. The regular HTTP traffic is not encrypted. I couldn't find much help on configuring Squid with SSL beside the reference about https_port directive. Could anyone provide an example of using the SSL directives in Squid?

Hi Dimitar,

Simply compile squid with "--enable-ssl" and then add the following to your squid.conf:

https_port 192.168.0.11:443 cert=/usr/local/squid/etc/ssl/internalsite.com.crt key=/usr/local/squid/etc/ssl/internalsite.com.key