From: Henrik Nordstrom [mailto:henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:58 AM
To: Nick Duda
Cc: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Squid crash, what happened?

tor 2006-04-06 klockan 08:10 -0400 skrev Nick Duda:

This morning I got my alert and restarted and it worked fine. It
appears it could not find a domain control or as the log states a DNS
server. I cant see why, I have no record of it being down. Can anyone
make light of this situation, or is it safe to assume that squid just
couldn't see a DC/DNS and gave up.

Seems it lost contact with both the Windows DC and your DNS.

This smells like a networking problem.

Was there anything relevant in /var/log/messages besides the messages
from Squid?

Regards
Henrik

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOTE: In order to control energy costs the light at the end
of the tunnel has been shut off until further notice...