Search squid archive

Re: Disable Squid Error Messages

Christoph Haas wrote:
On Monday 13 March 2006 21:47, Rachel wrote:
Is it possible to configure squid to not show some of / all of it's in
built error messages, getting the browser to display it's own defaults.

No. Because the browser will only use it's built-in error messages when it detects a certain condition itself - like a DNS error or a 404 (page not found). But since Squid is always returning a proper error page the browsers will display it.

 Christoph
Thanks Christoph,

I have read that if the error templates do not contain %s then squid will output %s at the end of each error message.

Is it possible to stop Squid from automatically displaying %s or will I have to alter the source code? - I want to remove it completly, not just hide it with <!-- -->

errorpage.c :

} error_hard_text[] = {

  {
      ERR_SQUID_SIGNATURE,