Search squid archive

Re: Squid Slow Downloads problem

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 12:14 -0600, Hesham Shakil wrote:

> - Tried apache+mod_proxy+mod_cache on the same linux machine, worked
> perfectly with 28+KB/s transfer rate
> - Tried Squid-2.5.STABLE12 compiled for windows on a Windows XP machine
> running on the same Internet connection and it worked fine at speeds of
> 28+KB/s
> - Tried ufs/aufs/diskd but none improved the speed
> - Tried recompiling squid with NONE but the very basic options
> - Tried recompiling squid with and without pthreads/aio etc.

For the moment I don't see anything wrong.
What you can maybe try, just for a test , is disabling the caching for a
certain site/filetype. And then try to download such a file via the
proxy.

If that works faster, then you will have a problem with the disks
(cache) or something similar.
If not...then you will have another problem (deuh :) . Maybe increase
loglevel then, maybe something can be discovered there.

Note: Do you have an antivirus running on that box? Because that will
slow down the downloads.

Bart

--
Schelstraete Bart