Search squid archive

Re: squid authentication issue

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
Any output from "squid -k parse"?

None.

Any other http_access lines before this?

No.

What is it that causes a browser to just display the "Cache access denied" page instead of prompting for a userid and password? Perhaps detailed logging will show the part(s) of the transaction that are missing.

Another thought: I have some pretty restrictive header_access lines in there (the "paranoid" set, I believe). Could that be removing one or more headers that would make the browser do the desired thing here?