Search squid archive

Re: Blocked strings overriding permitted URL's

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Palula Brasil wrote:

I'm having a problem regarding my squid configuration.
I read on the Visolve site that Squid reads the squid.conf line by line and
that when it encounters a blocking line, it blocks but passes on through
reading subsequent lines. And when it finds a line that matches a
permission, stops right away.

Not quite. See Squid FAQ 10.1 Access Controls - Introduction

Squid reads http_access lines one by one, starting with the first. The first line matching the request applies.

Regards
Henrik