Search squid archive

Re: Redirecting squid traffic to a different gateway

Gabriele Caniglia wrote:

Gabriele Caniglia:

Hello list!

Squid (+DansGuardian) is running on my debian sid box; the IBM server on which squid runs has two NICs, and acts as a router and as a web proxy for my LAN.

Is there a way to forward any http/s and ftp squid connection to a different gateway, leaving the default gateway for other networking purposes?

Hope someone will enlighten me on the matter, thanks in advance...

Sorry for the subject of my last post, there's no third NIC around!
:-)

There is a way to setup both the listen address:port and the forward address:port

in my setup I have private network > dansguardian > squid > internet

DG and squid are both running on the same machine, but you can direct DG to connect to another IP:port other than localhost if you want.

Also, if you are using a transparent proxy via a firewall rule, then you should be able to redirect all network traffic based on its connection port to any machine you like.