Search squid archive

RE: 302 response becomes not cacheable with "if-modified-since" header?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Chris Fong wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have checked out STABLE11
source code and I believe the behavior is the same.

It is the same. Has been like this since at least 1998 and the question has not come up until now.

So, do you think this is a bug?

Squid taking the safe path and not caching when unsure is technically not a bug but at worst a misfeature as it could do better.

The opposite (Squid caching something which should not have been cached according to HTTP specifications) would be a bug.

Is there any workaround you are aware of?

Not yet.

Regards
Henrik