Search squid archive

Re: Some clients not able to access through WCCP

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Kris Amy wrote:

I've implemented and got our squid boxes working with WCCP to our cisco
router. But some clients can't browse the web anymore. I don't see them
hitting the access.log. But when I turn off WCCP they can browse fine.

MTU issues perhaps?

WCCP have a lot of trouble with PMTU discovery in the proxy->client direction.

Try disabling PMTU discovery on the proxy for traffic towards the clients (or perhaps even globally for all connections.. PMTU discovery generally hurts web traffic more than what is gained)

Regards
Henrik