Search squid archive

Re: how to speed up squid

Hi all

I agree with kinkie, clients will always complain.
Since I own a cibercafe I always trace browsing speed.
A good tool for it is bwm-ng you can google for it.

Since some pages/sites can be slowly for reasons out
of your responsability I just care about my ISP speed
using their speed test tool page and watching bwm-ng
shows full speed. In my case 1526Kbps internet plan
show 168Kb/s speed on eth0.

Hope it helps, Daniel Navarro, Venezuela

 --- Tharanga <tharanga@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Greetings!
>
> I have installed  a squid 2.5  and but my clients
> are always complaing that
> the internet access speed is very slow. iam using 1
> GB RAM and i incresed
> cache siz to 340 MB. (approx 1/3  of physical
> memory.)
> is there any other parametes to increasse the speed
> of my proxy server ??
> please help me to solve this matter..
> thxs in advance
> Tharanga