Search squid archive

Re: Performance tweaks

Mark Elsen wrote:
On 10/8/05, Terry <terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Next week i need to set-up a squid server for a small company of about
18 users.
I have set-up a test system at home on a machine of similar spec ( 2ghz
512 ram and an ide disk )
I have the default config file with about half a dozen acl's.
At times browsing is really fast but now and again for no apparent
reason it gets sluggish. Is there any config tweaks i can apply that may

 Is this due to SQUID ?
 What if some remote DNS server is slow ?
 Meaning that there could be lots of reasons that are
 beyond your control.

 For SQUID; check for instance cache.log and look or errors.

 M.

I set the full debug then checked my cache log. The slow down seems to be my acl
for example
acl noporn1 url_regex "/usr/local/etc/squid/noporn1"
Which is a file i picked off the web that contains a list of porn sites about 44318 in total. Silly me :)
So that is not the way to do that i will search out other methods.

Cheers Terry