Search squid archive

Re: ACL Is this right

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Carinus Carelse wrote:

I have the following config working so that it allows the use of an ID
from only a certain IP number (thanks to squidrunner for that) and then
outputs a custom error message when the ID is use from another ip number

but now I need to expand the use of the ID to a few more computers.  I
have seen that you can use a file and populate your variable into that.
Would the new config work as that ACL?

Yes.

You can also list multiple IPs on the acl line, or repeat the same acl name multiple times with different IPs.

New Config

acl USERS proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl dlid proxy_auth temp
acl comp src "./ip.txt"
http_access deny dlid !comp
http_access allow USERS !dlid

The above should read just "http_access allow USERS". If not dlid will not be allowed to access anything..

http_access deny all
deny_info ERR_USERID_RESTRICTED comp

Regards
Henrik