Search squid archive

Re: steps to verify

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, kashif Mazhar wrote:

so plz tell me comprehensively abt the steps to tunned the squida and
verify it's effeciency..

A first step is always to make sure your Squid server is not swapping.

  vmstat 5

and monitor the swapin/swapout columns. Should on most OS:es be 0 most of the time.

The next is to look into disk I/O usage and your choice of cache_dir type.

Regards
Henrik