Search squid archive

Re: What is excess data?

On 12.09 19:39, FamiLink Admin wrote:
> I am getting:
>
> 2005/09/12 19:17:59| httpReadReply: Excess data from "GET
> http://www.familink.net/pbserver/pbserver.dll?OSArch=0&OSType=2&LCID=1033&OSVer=5.1.2600&CMVer=7.02.2600.2180&PBVer=14&PB=familink";
>
> in my cache log and I know it is my customers dialers checking for a new
> phonebook list but why am I getting the error for Excess data?

the broken webserver probably sends two different Content-Length: headers,
of which one tells lower size than the real size.
This is fixed in 2.5STABLE10, you may look at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/#squid-2.5.STABLE10-content_length
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/