Search squid archive

Proxy SSL tunneling

Hello.
I'm having a problem with a distributed Java 5.0 application where the
client connects via a proxy server (Squid 2.5 in my case) to a server
using SSL (port 443).
Sometimes the tunneling works fine and sometimes it doesn't. Doing some
debugging, it seems from the logs of both the client and server that
their sockets are disconnected by something. Now, I suspect that the
proxy server is disconnecting them but I can't really prove it.
I have tried using a different free proxy server (Proxy+ I think it's
called) and the problem persists.
Have any of you guys experienced problems with the proxy disconnecting
the tunnel?

Cheers,

Bogdan

This document is intended for, and should only be read by, those
persons
to whom it is addressed. Its contents are confidential and if you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by
telephone
on 0207 9590 645 and delete all records of the message from your
computer.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without
our
prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
Neither the author of this message nor their employers
accept legal responsibility for the contents of the message. Any views
or
opinions presented are solely those of the author.

If you have any queries please contact Support@xxxxxxxxxxxx