Search squid archive

Re: Reverse hosting

Oleksii Krykun wrote:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:59:48 +0200
Kinkie <kinkie-squid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 12:56 +0300, Oleksii Krykun wrote:

I am migrating from MS Proxy 2.0 to Squid.
I need reverse hosting, i.e.
incoming request to
http://www.server.com/dir1 is redirected to http://10.0.01/ on my LAN
http://www.server.com/dir2 is redirected to http://10.0.0.2/ etc.
How to do this?
As I understand accelerator redirects incoming request to single server only.
Is it wrong?

Not if you use httpd_accel_uses_host_header and /etc/hosts, or if you
use a redirector.

1.As I understand I can use virtual hosts only using httpd_accel_uses_host_header and /etc/hosts i.e.
http://www.server.com -> http://10.0.0.1
http://www1.server.com ->http://10.0.0.2

Be careful with httpd_accel_uses_host_header directive, a request such as:

Get /index.html HTTP/1.1
Host: www.anyurl.com

would success, and your reverse proxy will accept all requests for all sites,
only your web servers should be accessed by your reverse proxy.

where www and www1 have same external IP address.
But I need
http://www.server.com/dir1 -> http://10.0.0.1
http://www.server.com/dir2 ->http://10.0.0.2

2. About redirector.
I use squidGuard as redirect_program. I read about using multiple redirectors.
But I have a question.
Could I use two redirectors: one for blocking sites for my LAN users and one for reverse hosting?

It isn´t need two redirectors for these purpose:

- One redirector for reverse hosting and squid.conf acl for blocking sites.
- One perl redirector with reverse hosting and acls.

Thanks
Emilio C.