Search squid archive

Re: Reverse hosting

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:59:48 +0200
 Kinkie <kinkie-squid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 12:56 +0300, Oleksii Krykun wrote:
I am migrating from MS Proxy 2.0 to Squid.
I need reverse hosting, i.e.
incoming request to
http://www.server.com/dir1 is redirected to http://10.0.01/ on my LAN
http://www.server.com/dir2 is redirected to http://10.0.0.2/ etc.
How to do this?
As I understand accelerator redirects incoming request to single server only.
Is it wrong?

Not if you use httpd_accel_uses_host_header and /etc/hosts, or if you
use a redirector.

1.As I understand I can use virtual hosts only using httpd_accel_uses_host_header and /etc/hosts i.e.
http://www.server.com -> http://10.0.0.1
http://www1.server.com ->http://10.0.0.2
where www and www1 have same external IP address.
But I need
http://www.server.com/dir1 -> http://10.0.0.1
http://www.server.com/dir2 ->http://10.0.0.2

2. About redirector.
I use squidGuard as redirect_program. I read about using multiple redirectors.
But I have a question.
Could I use two redirectors: one for blocking sites for my LAN users and one for reverse hosting?
----
Знакомства в Украине. Все анкеты с фото!
http://love.optima.ua/