Search squid archive

Re: Does SQUID support MMS protocol?

On 7/27/05, KEISUKE_HAMANAKA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<KEISUKE_HAMANAKA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you know whether squid support MMS or not?
>
> I found old article which was posted in 2001.
> But I can not judge from the article.

Squid does not support the MMS protocol, however many MMS players
and servers can "fall back" to standard HTTP, and most are proxy-aware,
this is not a feature of Squid per se, but of the client (and server).

The primary advantage of MMS protocol is fast-forward (and rewind)?

While there is a free reference implementation of an RTSP proxy available
which will compile under Unix (http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtsp), I am not
aware of *any* protocol-aware MMS proxy for Unix at all, and for Windows
there is only CCproxy, a commercial product.

Kevin Kadow