Search squid archive

iTunes Music Store and Squid

Hi, folks.

I seem to be having a problem accessing the iTMS through my squid proxy. I've used squid for a few years now, and I'm no expert, but I can't figure this one out at all.

I'm using iTunes, Windows version.

My proxy is running under Debian Sarge, with squid (version 2.5.9-10). This works just fine for general web and ftp access, when using a browser. However, when accessing the iTMS, I seem to be suffering significant delays, and timeouts.

When I alter the connection settings in Windows, such that it uses no proxy, then access to the iTMS is free from problems.

The proxy is set-up using a wpad.dat file, automatically detected, and this works quite properly under Firefox and IE.

I've been unable to discover any apparent problems when having a look through the various logs, and running squid in verbose non-daemon mode, hence my recourse to this list.

Thanks.

--
John Kirkland