Search squid archive

Re: Question to internal behaviour of squid

alpheus@xxxxxx wrote:

Thx Robert,

just to make it clear to me: Each client request for the same object causes
an own request from squid to the server (during the time slot to bring the
object into the cache)? Resulting possibly into a large number of request to
the server for the same object if generating the object takes a long time?

Thx,
alp

I think that during the time the server is sending the response header a new client request will cause a new server request. After the response header is processed by squid then new client connections should join in to the original request.

--
Robert Borkowski