Search squid archive

SQUID Transparent Captive Portal w/ Authentication

Has anyone implemented a captive portal registration/authentication system with squid in transparent mode? I am already running the latest stable squid in transparent mode and I was interested in implementing a captive portal w/ registration/authentication for some subnets. When a user connects their PC and gets an IP from a specified subnet, I?d like for squid to force them to a registration page where they can read our policies and submit their LAN username/pass before squid will allow access. I know I could just use an authenticator, but it is important that the users read the ?acceptable use policy? and understand why they are asked for authentication.

Thanks.