Search squid archive

Cache requests before or after redirector?

hi everyone,

I configured squid to run infront of a cluster of 5 tomcat nodes in
httpd-accelerator mode. It's caching their responses and also works as a
load-balancer for them.
I wrote a small script to redirect each request to one of the tomcat-nodes.

My question is, if the responses from the nodes are cached individually
for each host, or are responses from different host handled as the same?

To make it more clear:
If a request arrives for a URL, is this URL used for caching or the URL
after processing by the redirector? That would be quite bad because with
5 nodes the cache would be only 1/5 as efficient.

Does anybody know how squid handles this. Searched google, can't find an
answer.

Any Idea?

Thanks,
Christoph