Search squid archive

Caching Only Server - Without Proxying

Hi,

I am setting up a internet gateway for a small ISP who wants a transparent caching server configured in such a manner that the outgoing requests from his customers retain their IP addresses (instead of getting changed to the proxy server's IP address) while the web content is cached to service future requests. I have gone through the available documentation but haven't been able to figure out how it can be done or if it is possible. Is there any other open source caching server which can meet this requirement ?

Thanks,

Manish Kathuria