Search squid archive

RE: cachemanager.cgi on a web server other than Squid

Arno.STREULI@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Arno.STREULI@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on
28 June 2005 10:38 AM:

> Hi,
> I try to setup cachemgr.cgi on a web server other than my squid
> box.
> anyone know what  should I do to make it works ?
> how did you setup cachmrg.cgi to speak with the squid box ? Is
> the option of configure --enable-cachemgr-hostname

Hi,

Check your http_access lines for manager, the default is only to allow
localhost and deny the rest.
This looks like your problem.

FYI: The co-inciding access control entry is: acl manager proto
cache_object.

Adding the following acl and http_access line *BEFORE* http_access deny
manager should do the trick:

acl mgrhost src x.y.z.a/netmask      <--- ip/netmask of your web host
where you put cachemgr.cgi
http_access allow manager mgrhost

Don't forget to include / update your cachemgr.conf file if it is
included with your squid.

Good luck,

Armin