Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] ip_conntrack tweaks

I posted this because I run a squid proxy on a busy box. I am aware of the status of ip_conntrack as a non-Squid project However, many people who run squid on this list do so on a busy box.

Given the way the Linux and open source community is built around people helping each other out, I was wondering if someone running squid had hit a similar barrier on their squid box. In particular, I don't want to change any parameter that might make Squid unhappy.

Thus, it has everything to do with squid. If anybody has anything helpful to share, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Paul

webcache kernel: ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.

Could someone give me some sensible values for a webcache with
approximately 800 users?  It's a Pentium 4 with 1GB of RAM running kernel
2.6.

this has nothing to do with squid. search in linux support forums.