Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Modifying content passing through proxy?

I've been looking at similar options, primarily to speed up web browsing
on small screen devices connected via GPRS.

I'm looking at normal sized clients: IE/firefox on a laptop/desktop. Again over satellite or GPRS.

What ability do I have to modify the content passing through squid?  I'm
interested in emulating the ability to resize pictures and generally
mangle the HTML that you find in a proxy like "Rabbit":
http://www.khelekore.org/rabbit/

Have you considered using an instance of the transcoding proxy as a
parent proxy for Squid?

Do you mean the IBM software or to you mean "transcoding proxy" as a generic term for Rabbit?

Rabbit doesn't quite do what I want, in particular it doesn't easily let the user change back and forward to higher quality versions. I want more control over this and am quite prepared to write something. I also have other requirements and will probably need a proxy client on the laptop end and also something else at the server end because I implement a compressing tunnel using an advanced compression algorithm.

So I really just wondered how much of this functionality I could push into Squid and how much needs to be on the external proxy...

If anyone knows of any other good opensource proxy applications (commercial or otherwise) that I could use for this process then please let me know

Ed W