Search squid archive

[squid-users] Modifying content passing through proxy?

For various reasons I am interested in writing a proxy for users on very low bandwidth connections. What ability do I have to modify the content passing through squid? I'm interested in emulating the ability to resize pictures and generally mangle the HTML that you find in a proxy like "Rabbit":
http://www.khelekore.org/rabbit/

Grateful for any thoughts

Ed W