Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] tune up

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

On 29.05 12:55, Askar wrote:
Hi Henrik

I am not Henrik, but...

Just migrated on of our production cache server to "aufs" but i'm kinda confuse watchen too many squid process running, I read about aufs , that it will start number of process "thread" for disk I/O"
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/squid/chapter/ch08.pdf

Atm there are ....

$ps -ef | grep squid | wc -l
31

squid processes running is this normal ?

yes. aufs causes squid use threads, which looks like more processes on linux
(and possibly other OSes). Nothing bad or ineffective.

hello Matus,

Thanks mate for you quick replies, cool now i'm thinking about migrating all of cache servrers that running on linux (kernel 2.6.11) to aufs :)

Your additional suggestions and recommendation would be greatly appreciated in end.

thanks and regards

Askar Ali