Search squid archive

[squid-users] dnsserver unable to determine IP address

Hello,

I am running debian (sarge) linux and squid 2.5.9-8.

I have had squid running fine for over 6 months.  Recently I have
added a new website to our LAN, but for some reason squid will not
access this new website.  I get the following error message:

"The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for prco.mydomain.com

The dnsserver returned:

Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query. "

I am able to resolve the domain name if I ping on the box squid is
running on.  I have also stopped and restarted squid to see if that
would fix the issue.  If I try to use the IP address, everything
works fine, only when I use the domain name do I have an issue.

Also, I tired to access the same site bypassing our proxy and it
worked fine.  So I think it is something to do with squid I just
don't know what.  Any idea?

p.s. - I also added the address to /etc/hosts file and restarted squid
to see if that would make a difference.  Same results, I am able to
resolve if I ping, but not using the browser through squid.

Much appreciated!

--
Joseph Rinckey